Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Exhibit Blog - Tyler Nigro

The final essay exhibits were an interesting alternative to the traditional presentation style in college. Rather than nervously standing in front of the class to present our work, exhibiting it the way we did encouraged more personal connection with the person presenting their exhibit. I believe that presenting to a smaller group allows more time for questions and feedback.
I found it to be helpful to present the work we had done for our final project in the way we did. The feedback I had received helped me build on to my final paper. Connecting with the other students about the projects is nice because you can see how other people are doing it, which helped me find my footing in beginning this project.
All of the presentations were interesting and unique in their own way. Dom’s presentation about narratives in video-games provided a unique argument on the way we view the stories being told in video games. After discussing arguments on why video-games can’t have narrative story line, he established a counter argument, attempting to prove that video-games can have narrative development. After providing several examples of games that include a narrative tale, he continued his argument by discussing how people look forward to sequels to games not only for the gameplay itself, but for the continuation of the story. In my opinion, this proved the point that video-games can be narrative.
Another presentation that interested me was Brendan’s presentation which discussed how video games can help people. He made interesting points by explaining how video-games can improve/teach teamwork strategies. He continued by explaining how they can help us connect with others, and even create friendships. Brendan also discussed how video-games can create more beneficial teaching strategies. His exhibit interested me because I am also writing my paper about how video-games can enhance or augment the way history is taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment